Friday 15 May 2009

The game of Bad Dog and Fowl mama

I recall there was a game we played, which I shall name as: "Bad Dog (BD) and Fowl Mama (FM.)"
The game began by choosing a player to be BD who would then face a lineup of FM and her chicks behind her. The chicks held on to the waist of the person in front, except FM of course.
Now this is how I think the game was acted out, but I could be wrong and would welcome correction(s) where applicable.

BD: "Arick! Chick,chick,chick, chick?"
FM and chicks: "Congatay! (chorus)
BD: I see fowl mama!
FM and chicks: Congatay!
BD: You see the chicken name Wendy? Shey fat like butter and magga like a chow!
FM and chicks: Congatay!

This is where my memory lets me down, how does the game continue?
I know that if I was the unfornate chick to named by BD, I had to avoid being caught. Also FM would do her best to restrain BD. There were lots of playful screaming and tactical movements between BD, FM and the chicks.

How did the game continue after BD caught the chick. Did that chick become the new BD?

Update 12 August 2009. A relation while on holiday visiting us, remembered this game.
BD is a chicken hawk, in hindsight that makes sense, doesn't it?
As a chicken is captured it leaves the game. Chicken Hawk wins the game when he/she has captured all the chickens.
More often if FM successfully defends her chicks from the clutches of CH too well, the game ends through boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be added to the original post if it embelishes it (with credit to the author) or shown as a comment following.